And this is what was needed...
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
I'm writing this down so I'll have a record of what it took me to start making progress...finally.
1. To read on Spark People and finally understand that "you can't exercise your way out of a bad diet."
2. To track my food faithfully and stay within the bounds
3. To reduce those portions!
4. To drink more water (even though I thought I didn't need that!)
5. To find ways to cut the calories without going crazy (for example, eating sandwiches without mayonnaise and using only one piece of bread)
6. To get more exercise every single day. For me, classes work best (at least three times a week) and then walking and lifting weights in addition to that. I should be aiming for at least 45 minutes of exercise 6 days a week.
7. To eat more fruit and vegetables. This one is hard for me, but it really helps!