So, How Did It Go?!
Monday, January 30, 2012
.2 pound loss.
Oh, it makes me laugh. I guess that's what you get for only paying attention half the time, and sticking to your calorie goals pretty much, but with crap food, and not really working out much at all. (In my defense, I probably worked out a little more than I should have as I winced and groaned through the last 2 workouts and hurt like a SOB each and every time after my workout. Foot hates me. Whatever, I hate it too.)
I have no words of wisdom for you. I'm still a wreck. But at least I'm still here, still trying, still updating you on my progress. I'm down to 302.0. That's all I got this week...but I do know what I can do better next week.
1) Downgrade my expectations for workouts. May sound counterproductive, but eating when you're planning to workout 5 times a week, and then only being able to work out 3 times...well, things like that don't work out so well. So next week I plan on 3 times a week, and eat accordingly, and try to eat healthy foods instead of crap nonsense. And drink my water. And then we'll see where that gets me.
2) Don't strangle myself with guilt. Let's face it. I'm injured. Again.. *growls* (Seriously, I could write another whole ranting blog on how unfair this is, but what's the point?) If I give into the injury and the anger associated with that, I'll end up with a repeat of 2011. 20 friggin' pounds lost. Whoopie! (If you can't read the sarcasm, I can't help you there.) What's my response to that? Hell to the No! I WANT 52 pounds lost this year. I want to be in the 200s and near the other (lower) end of the 200s by the end of this year. I'm not hoping for miracles, it can be done, even with limited exercise. I just have to eat and plan accordingly and stick to it. Stop grumbling and just do what I can to make it happen.
3) Eat HEALTHIER foods! DUH! I get angry when I can't workout. I feel soft and lame and crippled and old and inadequate somehow. Look, fat girl workin' out can feel like a rockstar, because she is. Fat girl unable to work out? Yeah, then fat girl just feels like a fat girl and all those "lazy fat girl" stereotypes start eating at her brain telling her she HASN'T got this and she should just give up now before she embarrases herself. But maybe, just maybe, if I stick to eating right, even when I can't workout right, I'll be able to garner a tiny bit of my rockstar status back. (Dear Lord, I friggin' hope so!) Time to get fancy in the kitchen...and I should have more time now because I'm not kickin' it at the gym 6-8 hours a week.
So, yeah. I've got to do what I've got to do.
I'm not in the best mood these days (for those who didn't catch it, that's reason numero uno why I went private...I know I can't be all motivating when my attitude is in the crapper right now), but I'm trying to pull myself out of it.
By tomorrow I should have a brace ordered for my foot, which hopefully will be here ASAP. (This is the biggest thing that helped me last time.)
I'm going to keep doing my exercises for my foot. It has helped. Doesn't feel quite as awful today as it did last Monday, so something's working.
I've got workouts planned for every day this week. Some are yoga, some are Nike Training Camp...whatever it is, I planned each day because I didn't know what days I'd feel up to it. Make it to at least 3! If I make more...that's just gravy. But don't expect the world when even walking has become a problem.
Saturday I did what I could. I biked for 6 minutes before I wanted to shoot someone. (Did I ever mention I hate the stationary bike?) So I went with the motto - "You can do anything for 5 minutes. And 'cause you're so awesome already, you can actually do a minute more than that!" Followed 6 minutes on the bike with 6 minutes rowing (interesting stretch for my foot...), 6 minutes on the stairstepper, and then 21 minutes on the elliptical. Foot hurt after, but not as much as it did when I did only the elliptical on Thursday night. I think switching it up was a good idea...and something I might use if something I scheduled this week starts to hurt too much - change it up!
Monday - Walk or Elliptical
Tuesday - Bike/Row/Step combo
Wednesday - 15 minute core workout
Thursday - Yoga
Friday - Nike Training Club
Saturday - Walk
Meal Options for the week:
* Roasted Chicken with Wild Rice and Veggies
* Ground Chicken Tacos
* Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
* Slow Cooker "Not Your Mother's Meatballs" with Whole Wheat Spaghetti
* Turkey Sandwiches
* Pulled Pork Loin Sandwiches
Weight Goal Next Week: 301.0