So I have been MIA from Spark for about a month, previous to that I was only logging in to get my meal plans and shopping lists; unfortunately, because of my life schedule didn't have time to do other things on here. But that was so 2011, it's 2012 so time to get busy and regain my mojo.
Thus to begin the year I find myself with a sprained ankle that just won't heal (it's been over a month), which has prevented me from running. Say hello to my new 9 pound weight gain, and I know I cannot attribute it solely to that, during finals my eating habits go out the door. Living solely on coffee and only eating when my stomach pains are no longer bearable. But then there's the holidays, going home to food and baked goodies, and yes...I fell into the "go ahead and eat, it's not as if you eat like this all the time" (Hi, have you met my 9 lbs?)
You know what? it happened and I enjoyed every minute of it. Maybe I shouldn't feel this way, but I really don't feel guilty about it. Deep down I knew that once I came home I was going to get back on program and well I am. In my house I cook and have control over how I make my meals, I couldn't do that for the people that were cooking for me when I was visiting.
I am aware that I didn't gain the weight in the 2 to 3 weeks I was visiting my folks, it was done during an almost 2 month period...not good, but it's better than stating "in two weeks I gained 10 lbs!" I know I will get back to program only because it's now part of my lifestyle, I won't be running for a while until I get notice from the doctor, but walking is still a go (at least in my book). Another thing that made me feel better, is that as I was going through my 2011 calendar I noticed the weight that I started out with which was about 20 pounds heavier than I am now. WOW! That's a big difference, it does sadden me a bit that I was about 15 lbs from my weight goal for the year, but I know that this will be the year and maybe some more. hahaha, possibilities are endless.
Things that will help keep me on track for 2012:
1) I got a gift card for H & M, and I need to lose the beautiful 9 lbs I gained to be able to shop there again...we all know H & M is not forgiving.
2) Downloaded the Spark app, on my Iphone...now there's no reason why I should not be able to track my food.
3) Although I cannot run right now, I can still walk and hike. Luckily for me I have met some new people that love doing both. Thus, we will stay active.
4) New system...for every pound lost in a month I get to download a new song.
5) I'M IMPORTANT, THIS IS FOR ME...I LOVE MY NEW LIFESTYLE, I LOVE WEARING SIZE 10 DRESSES, I LOVE SHOPPING AT REGULAR STORES, I HAVE NEVER-EVER BEEN THIS LIGHT IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I FEEL AMAZING AND YEA EVEN LOOK PRETTY DARN HOT.