Day 1 Recap:
Cassoulet for dinner.
Stayed around 1900 calories.
Drank at least 8 glasses of water.
Took my supplements.
Stretched before going to sleep.
So far so good. :)
Today's day 2. Plans/goals for the day:
* Do 1.5 miles. The gym is closed for the day so I'll be doing it outside in the snow! *lol*
* Do 30 Day Shred. I did this on NYE and had DOMS last night from it. Have to say, felt good to be sore for the right reasons again (finally!).
* Take supplements.
* Drink Water.
* Organize all my coupons again. Time to get back on track with my couponing and save us a bunch of money (haven't been able to see the coupons + Hubs' discount yet, but the last time I went shopping I didn't use one coupon (except a couple digital ones) and with his discount and mark-downs I still saved 25%! Can't wait to see what kind of savings I can accomplish this year! (Time to regrow my stock pile too!)
* Put away decorations (I took them down but now they need to go back in the garage.)
* Make tacos for dinner.
* Make the meatballs for tomorrow's dinner and freeze them. (recipe calls for them to be frozen for at least an hour before plopping them in the crockpot) I may also prep the chicken for Wednesday's meal, but if I don't get to that, I'll just do it tomorrow night or Wednesday before work.
Today is my high calorie day so I was thinking of taking my boys out to eat somewhere. Maybe Chinese because it's a calorie-killer any other day. I still go there every once in a while, so if I can manage to plan my trips (rarely) on my HCD, maybe I won't feel so awful about it. I've been working on Asian recipes a lot this past year, trying to make the Chinese place unnecessary, but I haven't found suitable subs for my sesame chicken and chicken and broccoli and moo shu chicken yet. That's my goal for this year. I hope to eventually make it so that I can eat my favorites whenever I want because I have homemade versions that are just as good as the original!
My driving force this week: This is my birthday week! I want to give myself the present of a first successful week that I actually earned in a LONG time.
My only gripe so far this year is that I have yet to get my first kiss of the New Year. Hubs explained yesterday that he was getting a scratchy throat and a bunch of the guys at work are sick so, in an effort to not get ME sick, he's holding off until he feels better. *sigh* I guess I can wait, since I know I've got him for life. ;)
How was your NYE and NY day?
I spent NYE grocery shopping. I picked up Mr. Popper's Penguins for the boys and I to watch. Then I came home, put groceries away, dropped the boys off at my in laws, then came home, took down the tree and decorations, did 30 Day Shred, then went to pick up the boys and played Apples to Apples with the in laws before heading home around 11pm to wake Hubs up for work. Boys and I stayed up to say "Happy New Years!" and then we went to bed.
Yesterday I spent much of the day playing Fable III. *lol* I am THIS close to finishing the game (probably will today) so I can start Skyrim with the rest of the family (Hubs is playing it now). I'm strange. I refuse to start a new game until I finish the old one, especially since it has been a LONG time since I've played, let alone finished, a game. I think the last game I finished was Luigi's Mansion and that was back when the GameCube was the system to have. It has been a fresh distraction, but if it thwarts my efforts in any way, I have no problem giving it up again. :) The kids helped with the Cassoulet last night, so it was fun cooking with them.
Hope you all had a great New Year! Off to start my day.