Happy New Year to Me!
Sunday, January 01, 2012
I don't normally state my resolutions so formally; usually they are vague and undefined. But this year I'm determined to continue with the progress I made in 2011.
My resolutions for 2012 are:
1. I want to lose at least 30 pounds this year, if not 40. Achieving my goal weight of 140 would be fantastic. I currently weigh 187.8. That's a 47.8 pound difference. At a weight loss rate of 1 pound per week, I should be able to lose the weight in a year. However, I will be satisfied with even a 30 or a 20 pound weight loss. I will have challenges, such as travelling a bit more this year for work. My plan - track my food & water and minimize sweets.
2. I will exercise more this year. I'm not saying I have to love it, but I know it is good for me and it is one of the keys to achieving my desired weight loss. I may even come to like it. I need to be less like a slug. My initial plan is to work out at least twice a week for cardio. I'm even thinking of hiring a personal trainer.
3. I will get organized this year - one room or closet or drawer at a time. I will start with my sewing room so I can ...
4. Quilt more this year. I will set aside time to quilt. I'd like to do something "quilt-y" once a week, if not more often! Reading a quilt magazine counts as quilting effort. So does fabric shopping.
5. I will update/organize my music for my iPhone/iPod. That includes updating my music library, adding my CDs and digitizing my records.