Just taking a quick moment at the beginning of this busy day to reflect on my blessings at this wonderful time of the year. My dear husband and I are enjoying our coffee before getting ready to go out for breakfast and finish a couple of last minute errands to prepare for our family gathering later this afternoon.
Although our finances have been diminished, I have thoroughly enjoyed shopping for Christmas presents this year, perhaps even more than in other years. I took the time to carefully select each item and wrap it beautifully. Our house has been decorated for weeks and looks warm and inviting. Our children will be joining us later in the day and the food is all prepared so I can just relax and enjoy this special time with them.
The greatest gifts of all to me are:
1. A warm and inviting home to welcome my family and friends.
2. The ability to purchase small gifts for each of them, chosen with love and care.
3. The blessing of being able to prepare and offer wonderful food to be enjoyed by us all.
4. The long-lived joy of having a husband who stands by my side through good times and bad.
5. Children who willingly travel and put aside other opportunities to be with us at this special time.
6. The love of friends, near and far, "real life" and "virtual".
7. Good health at this moment in time and, prayerfully, in the future to be able to look back and smile with fond memories.
My wish to each and every one of the wonderful SparkPeople I have encountered this year is a peaceful and joyful Holiday Season. May you be surrounded with the people you love and find pleasure in the simplest ways. I pray you make memories that will fill your hearts with gladness even at the darkest of times, should they come. You have given the gift of friendship to a total stranger and that is one of the greatest gifts of all!
Peace and tidings of comfort and joy!!!