HEY SCROOGE! NOONE CARES IF YOU'RE ON A DIET! HOW TO NOT BE THE GRINCH OF YOUR HOLIDAY PARTIES!
Monday, December 19, 2011
Hey you! You know who you are. The one who turns a frowned nose up at every christmas cookie that passes and feels the constant need to remind others of your dieting habits as they sip happily on their egg nog. 'Tis the season to be JOLLY!! But you feel soo threated by the constant food temptation and the thought of looking like Jolly old saint nick that you sit on everyone elses fun, standing over there in the corner with your carrot sticks glaring at everyone.
LOL Hello my fellow "health conscience people" . This is the seaon of christmas cookies, egg nogg, buche de noel, and many more tasty treats that make us shiver and think of the gym when even passing the table. Some of us can remember the days of eating pound upon pound of cookie dough and then finishing off the cookies after they had been cooked. BUT NOT TO FRET MES AMIS we too can enjoy the holidays and all of its deliciousness and not feel like we couldnt fit down the chimney afterwards :)
1) PORTION CONTROL - Walk around and socialize more than you spend at the buffet table
2) DO YOUR RESEARCH - Search for nutritional facts on your favorite treats. you might be surprised.
3) BRING SOMETHING- Stop being a mooch lol but yes if you bring something healthy but tasty you know exactly whats in it and it gives others insight to how healthy foods can also be delicious.
4) TRY VEGAN!- SILK now sells this AMAZING vegan nogg that is only 90 cals. a serving. SO lift a glassfull!!
5) EARLY MORNING WORKOUT!- the day gets soo hectic and busy , so squeezing a workout in seems nearly impossible, but starting your day out right gives you more insentive to be "good" thoughout your day and comfort if you dont ;).
6) THE 1 COOKIE RULE: There will many many different verieties of cookies from sugar to chocolate chip to thomas jefferson bachlor buttons. Just have one of each. A "sampler" if you will.
7) DONT MAKE A MEAL OUT OF A SNACK! - Now i know just about everyone can hear their mama saying this to them, but it still rings true today. Christmas cookies and egg nogg are not a meal, so dont eat your weight in them
8) JUST HAVE FUN! WHo cares if you accidentally go over your calories for that one day. It didnt take a day to make you fat previously and you now know what needs to be done to work it off. Just enjoy yourself. THis is a time of reflecting and joyfulness so embrace the spirit of the holidays and be joyful.
Hope this helped someone!