27 weeks out...
Monday, December 12, 2011
Last week was interesting. Switched my program with a focus on building my upper body. I must admit, I am anxious to start seeing the changes, but to be honest, I am a little nervous that they will not happen. That little voice of doubt has been creeping into my head a lot more lately, which I am not at all thrilled about. I am trying to push that negative little voice OUT of my head entirely…but this will take some effort. It is time to put in more effort.
This holiday season is a real challenge. Those of you who know me, know that I love to eat, and that from time to time, the scale is an issue. I continue to research on diet, supplements, exercise, and everything that I read, says that diet contributes to 80% of a successful journey. I kid you not. This frightens me. I am struggling between eating enough for my muscles to grow, and not eating too much because I do not want my body to convert the excess to fat.
I have tried to stay away from the scale, and when I do, my weight creeps up. So while I hate being a slave to the scale, unfortunately, it is the only way that I can be honest with myself. Because of this, I will use the scale to keep my head focused and in the ‘game’. Time for some tough ‘self-love’ and way less of a dependency on food to deal with the things that happen in life. Yes…I can hear myself chanting right now…”hi, my name is Liz, and I am an emotional eater….”
Alright. So that was the ‘not so awesome’ part. There IS lots of ‘awesome’ that happened last week.
* Increased chest press from 40 lbs to 70 lbs on the chest press machine.
* Learned how to do a ‘hack squat’, and love the addition of dead lifts to my current program.
* Found a new love called the ‘ballerina squat’ 70 lbs. Planning to increase this weight.
* Found out that I can do 39 push-ups. My goal is to do 50 push-ups by December 31.
* Can feel a difference in my shoulders. They feel fatigued. My new program will definitely build them. I am so happy about this..
* Diet? Well, we talked about that. I’ll keep trying my hardest, and doing my best.
* Motivation is still high, and I am learning new things daily!
Looking forward to reporting next week that I have my diet under better control.
Have a happy healthy week! 27 weeks to go…