Don't tell me you aren't on a diet! (and 8 week goals)
Friday, December 02, 2011
I'm still active on spark - both with my diet and with my exercise. I noticed some people don't like to use the word "diet" but actually, it is just what you eat and everyone eats! We either have a healthy diet or an unhealthy diet.
I joined another 5% challenge. I think my head is in this. I'm busy preparing for the start - which is tomorrow, Dec. 3rd. Here are my goals for this challenge.
1. I weighed in this morning at 189.6 - yes, up several pounds from my recent month long visit to the States. When I came back 3 weeks ago, I weighed 193.6, so at least I am back to making progress. My goal over the next 8 weeks is to lose 5% or 9.5 pounds. My ending weight would then be 180.1 - very close to that 40 pounds lost that has seemed so elusive!
2. I am committed to doing some kind of exercise EVERY day for the next 8 weeks. Minimum would be 10 minutes - but I hope to go for 30 minutes a day, other than Sundays. Since gaining weight again - I feel like it is too hard on my body to run (which is what I enjoy the most) so I am walking right now until I get down to 185. I will run if the weather and weight allows otherwise I have an exercise bike, workout videos and a Wii.
*Some things to help me succeed:
1. I started a notebook where I keep track of my weight, food, and exercise.
2. I will log my food everyday as much as possible. For holidays I will fill my plate only to the inside rim of the plate and take only one helping. This helped me immensely for Thanksgiving!
3. I have committed for the month of December to not only exercise everyday, but also to think and plan out my goals - health wise and other, each day. This will help me to finish my weight loss journey in 2012 as well as work on other areas of my life that need attention. (CCLTT team)
4. I am doing some detailed tracking for my 'streak to success' team. I will continue to do that faithfully holding me accountable.
5. I normally don't have a problem supporting the 5% team. I plan to continue to do that both by checking in with the team as well as trying to encourage other individuals on the team.
Weigh-ins: Actual Goal Total Loss
Dec 3, 2011 - - - 189.0 - - - - - - 189.6 - - - Not counting as a loss - just my starting point.
Dec 10, 2011 - 188.4
Dec 17, 2011 - 187.2
Dec 24, 2011 - 186.0
Dec 31, 2011 - 184.8
Jan 7, 2012 - 183.6
Jan 14, 2012 - 182.4
Jan 21, 2012 - 181.2
Jan 28, 2012 - 180.0
When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble." -Proverbs 4:12