Thursday, December 01, 2011
I spent the month of November thinking about a blog entry entitled "November Goals". I was finally ready to think about November goals on about the 28th on November.
So instead of pondering the possibilities, I will shed my inner Prince Hamlet and write them out:
1. I would like to see 200 pounds by the end of the month (not an unreasonable goal if I am mindful and maintain a good exercise schedule). 199 by New Year's Eve would be fantastic!
2. I will continue to tough emotional work of detaching from my son and his madness. His wife, who won't speak to us (well, she does not speak English easily) is expecting a baby in mid-December. This will be our first grand-child. I must not allow myself to have any expectations, wishes, hopes, desires, for this baby. I am not allowed to send any gifts unless they are requested.
3. I will try to finish up this quarter with my antagonistic students and hope that they will not succeed in getting me fired.
4. When I have days off I will make every effort to cook wholesome dinners. I will make vats of vegetarian soups and chilis.
5. I will try to be more present on my Spark Teams.
6. I will continue to work with Al-Anon as often and as seriously as I can.
7. I will work hard to get to bed early and spend soothing time and thoughts and energy before bed time. I will work really hard to sleep enough. When I do not sleep enough, I feel totally wasted. Sleep is very important!
8. Keeping up the status quo will be a victory!