THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF HOW TO GET ALONG WITH PEOPLE
Thursday, October 27, 2011
The other day we had our trainers meeting at the restrant and our ETC gave us this to help us be better at not only being better trainers but we are what is called in my store PAR 4's (the best of the best, stands for personal achvment responsibility), anyway i really liked it and thought i would share, im gonna 'try" to go by it BUT folks i aint perfect lol
1. KEEP SKID CHAINS ON YOUR TONGUE. always say less than you think.cultivate a low,persuasive voice. How you say it often counts more than what you say.
2. MAKE PROMISES SPARINGLY,AND KEEP THEM FAITHFULLY
3. NEVER LET AN OPPURTUNITY PASS TO SAY A KIND AND ENCOURAGING WORD TO OR ABOUT SOMEBODY. PRAISE GOOD WORK, REGARDLESS OF WHO DID IT. IF CRITISISM IS NEEDED, OFFER IT GENTLY,NEVER HARSHLY
4. BE INTERESTED IN OTHERS. their pursuits, their work,their homes and families. Make merry with those who rejoice and weep with those who morn. Let everyone you meet however humble, feel that you regard him or her as a person of importance
5. BE CHEERFUL. Dont burden or depress those around you by dwelling on your aches and pains and disappointments. Everyone is carrying some kind of burden, often heavier than your own
6. KEEP AN OPEN MIND. Discuss but dont argue. It is a mark of a superior mind to be able to diagree without being disagreeable.
7. LET YOUR VIRTUES,IF YOU HAVE ANY,SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. refuse to talk of anothers vices, discourage gossip. It is a waste of valuable time, and can be extremly destructive.
8. BE CAREFUL OF ANOTHERS FEELINGS. Wit and humor at another person'd exspense may do more damage than you will ever know
9. PAY NO ATTENTION TO DISPARAGING REMARKS. remember the person who carried the message may not be the most accurate reporter in the world, and things become twisted in the retelling. live so nobody will believe them.
10. DONT BE EAGER TO GET THE CREDIT DUE YOU. Do your best, and be patient. forget about yourself, and let others" remember". Success is much sweeter that way.
now even though i thought this was great, i couldnt help think "IN A PERFECT WORLD" oh i will try to put all this in oractice but im just not sure if all this is practical or not, as humans we have the need to talk to others about what is upsetting us in life, it helps, especialy in the times we are in right now. YES this all very sound and good and should be tried as much as we humanly can BUT it might not be so practical..what do you think?