Perhaps it is a mind thing but exercise is such a dirty little word in my mind. Call me whatever it's ok. But anyone who has been my friend for more than a minute knows this is my Achilles heel.
ONCE I get there I do ok but revving up the motor is hard. The starter is defected
Well I had to transfer some things that I have learned about eating from my IOWL experience and apply it to exercise( shaking as I write the word)
What are the benefits:
Helps with weight loss, flexibility, cardio endurance, stress, good for arthritis, builds lean muscle mass which burns more calories(metabolism)
What was my personal benefit
increased energy/endurance, confidence builder, improved mental health, increased my water intake. LOSS OF INCHES AND POUNDS!
So what keeps you from enjoying the benefits
*fatigue, time, indecisiveness, schedule conflicts, self discipline OH OH OH and that dang perfectionism( oh I don't have 30 min so I wont do ANY minutes)
What will happen if I don't change...increased risk of arthritis and any other degenerative diseases, decreased flexibility, higher risk for cardiovascular issues, I will look frumpy, loss of muscle mass. I will NOT be considered sexy at all. LOL
Please note: I had gone back to my exercise classes but this past week was interrupted by the teenager's schedule
SO what are you willing to do about this.
1. Write down her activities for this week. (I HAVE NONE LOL)
2. Fit in classes on the days that you can. Zumba is on Monday(not my favorite zumba class but it will get me moving for sure) HIP HOP is TUE/THUR/SAT( love this class)
3. Make a back up plan. If I cannot get to class d/t last minute changes. I will go home and get on the treadmill or put in a DVD(and I have many)or DANCE( you like that) for FIFTEEN MINUTES! Right now home exercise is not my cup of tea and it used to be the only way.
4. To help with the perfectionism issue I will exercise for 10 min on Wed and Sunday. I have to break the all or nothing cycle.
5. Change clothes at work!
6. Go try on a pair of pants or anything where you have to look in the massive mirror (this is what lead to this blog today)
OK so today is Sunday and it is a 10 minute day...... wish me well
Thanks in advance to all who will read and comment and might hit the like button!
Addendum Tomorrow I will go to the local yoga studio and try a free Basic Hatha Yoga class. I have been talkin about this for a long time. ACTION makes it happen!!
Interesting article I found while trying to get my points for my team today I guess the universe heard me!!!