Long Time No ME
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Well if that isn't a kick in the pants and see that the last time I blogged was way back in January.
I've been struggling with my Lupus and it's side effects to the end result that in that aforementioned time I have gained 15 pounds. This is dire, and I"m not being melodramatic. For years I've at least managed to keep my weight the same within a five pound range and not go any higher. I'm on a regime of six months where I feel pretty good, my treatment wears off I feel lousy increase my prednisone and gain five to ten pounds. I get my treatment feel better and it takes me the six months to lose ten pounds. So gaining 15 is a major problem along with the fact that my last treatment really didn't work all that well and my endurance and strength are much lower than I'd like. Also I'm suffering some major sciatica and it seems to be caused from my ankle brace. I can barley walk or stand and am back in Physical Therapy learning to walk "properly" It's going to take a while.
So what's the plan?
1. I've decided to see a doctor that is supposed to be able to help with weight loss. Haven't been doing well on my own so am willing to hear what he has to say.
2. Make a much greater effort to exercise in the pooi. It's heated and helps my muscles and I can walk in the pool without pain. For now I am at 2 times a week and would like to increase it over time.
3. I've ordered some walking sticks. I walk much better in stores when I'm pushing a cart. I have a walker but I don't like how it bends you forward. My PT suggested the sticks and when I tried the one's they had there I was amazed at the difference it made. Once I get them (next week! ) I'm to try and walk for ten minutes. Not sure on that one with how my leg feels now with nerve pain.
4. Have started logging food again. And am working on less salt in the diet.
5. Get bak into my support system of friends, family, FB, etc.