This Weekend, MAKE ME ...PUSH MY BOUNDARIES!
1. If you have not taken your before picture (if you are brave enough to take one) or you measured yourself or any of the other things you know you should do because you said you would... DO THEM.
2. This is about getting outside of your compfort zone and sometimes that means knowing a little more about yourself instead of choosing not to know. Knowledge is power, if you don't believe me... ask PBS.
Go HERE: www.sparkpeople.com/mysp
and add some nutrients to track daily. If you aren't getting enough of what you NEED in order to lose weight, then how can you lose weight? if you aren't getting what you NEED to go faster or get stronger, then how can you go faster or get stronger. It's math people! Let's be smart, not ignorant!
Tell us what new thing(s) you are tracking in your food tracker!
I'm definitely adding in sodium...need to poke around and see what else. I'll report back on Monday. :)
3. MISSION Find which category you chose to start with and read the directions below!
** Total Body **
This weekend- your MISSION is to:
1. count how long you can hold a plank (elbow or hand). You want to find out your MAX! This is your limit- the one you cannot break through. Find out! I double dog dare you!
2. find a new ABBREVIATED TOTAL BODY WORKOUT. If you have one that is working for you- CHANGE IT UP OR DO IT IN REVERSE OR JUST ADD TO IT. If you don't have one- you can put together several of the sparkpeople workouts depending on what equipment you have. OR you can grab one out of a magazine, get recommendations from a friend, try a DVD you haven't started yet- but do an abbreviated total body workout THIS WEEKEND..... AND..... prove that you did it. Whether its a cameraphone pic of yourself or a professional photoshoot of your heart monitor, I don't care. Hell you can get a note from your trainer saying it was done for all I care. if you have no access to a camera - then write what you did and tell us about the experience.
DUE MONDAY MORNING.
4. have a multi-faceted plan. Pick the **ONE** that you usually AVOID and follow the corresponding instructions. We need to get uncomfortable in order to make a difference.
D) Flexibility Training (stretching) (Spend 60 minutes over the entire weekend, dedicated to trying new stretches and getting the most out of it. Too many people think that flexibility is a workout that has nothing to do with them- WRONG)
5. Motivation Maintenance (fun stuff)
choose **ONE** of the following (note, posting the whole list to inspire my fellow sparkers, but I already know which one I'm picking - I'll report back Monday!):
**REDO YOUR SPARKPAGE- FRESHEN IT UP- COMPLETELY REDESIGN IT. IN WITH THE NEW!
**SUBSCRIBE TO A NEW FITNESS MAGAZINE ($10)
**ORDER A PAIR OF LIGHT FREE WEIGHTS IF YOU HAVE NONE! ($6)
**CREATE A NEW (OR A FIRST) VISION COLLAGE. GRAB SCISSORS AND GLUESTICK AND THINK **BIGG**
**LEAVE NOTES FOR YOURSELF AROUND THE HOUSE WITH ENCOURAGEMENT.
**NAIL A GOAL OUTFIT TO THE WALL
**SIGN UP FOR A RACE
** WRITE A LETTER TO YOURSELF DESCRIBING HOW FAR YOU HAVE ALREADY COME
**GET A NEW CALENDAR TO HANG IN YOUR HOME AND GET LOTS OF STICKERS SO EACH DAY YOU CAN REWARD YOUR EFFORTS
I never said this would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.
Still feeling brave? Yes? Report in by Monday morning.