Go ahead. Hurt me again.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
I think there are some people who are skilled in the art of damaging a person. Here is a rundown of the steps involved (you see, I've been studying this for quite some time):
1. Cause a person mental harm with a destructive behavior.
2. Blame them for the behavior. Then tell them what they need to do so this behavior doesn't happen again.
3. When they act in the manner you have instructed, repeat the destructive behavior from step 1.
4. Promise them that you finally understand what they are saying and you will change.
5. Do not change. They will allow you to repeat steps 1-5 because each time you get to step number 4, they will believe you down to their very soul.
*Warning: Step 4 will eventually wear off after too many broken promises. Step 2 will become unsuccessful when they finally grow a backbone. When these events finally occur, step 1 will have unforeseen consequences.