Battle Plan 11, baby steps
Thursday, January 27, 2011
This will be my 6th 8-Week Battle! I can't believe how little I've managed to accomplish in all these battles - I have yet to hit 20 pounds lost here on Spark! I'm only a couple pounds away from that point, and would like to get there before the battle begins on Monday. I have two full days of hours on my feet at the store, and I will be scrupulous about my intake from now until then, and we'll see where that takes me.
All that said, how am I going to attack this battle differently, so I actually kick some of these pounds to the curb for good? I am going to go back to basics, and concentrate on the baby steps again. I even considered going all the way back to Stage One, but I don't think I need to do that. It isn't that I don't KNOW what needs to be done, I just need more practice in doing it.
From today until the battle begins on Monday I will:
1. Drink my eight-plus glasses of water, AND LOG THEM.
2. Stay within my calorie range, AND LOG EVERYTHING.
If I haven't managed both of these steps consistently by Monday, I will continue with these two steps for another week, until they become second nature again. Once I have these down:
3. I will work to increase my fruits and vegetables back up to at least five a day.
4. I will do a minimum of 15 minutes of strength training with my dumbbells every day. Even though muscle weighs more than fat, it also burns more calories! And I'm finding I need more muscles in my new job (which I LOVE, by the way! LOL!)
5. I promise to check in on my Red Squad thread as often as possible, to encourage, lift up and when necessary, drag forward, any and all of my fellow warriors, and I promise to give that kick in the butt when it's needed, if everyone will promise to do the same for me!
I don't have a gym membership, and it's too cold and slippery outside to do very much in the way of cardio walking area, but I am now working on my feet close to 30 hours a week, and wearing my pedometer daily, so
6. Begin again to log my fitness minutes.
I guess that's all l can do for the moment. Let's hit this battle running, Warriors!