Ten Rules for Being Human (with weight loss version in parenthesis)
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Ten Rules for Being Human
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire period.
(You can always change or improve it but you can not mold it to someone else's nor change it's genetics. Love yourself in your best form)
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, life.
(You will need to learn lesons regarding how your body functions, what works and doesn't work for you. Other's do not receive the same answers as you so you must learn the lessons yourself)
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The failed experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately work.
(You may try to learn these lessons multiple ties before achieving success and the answers that lead to success may change with age and health)
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
(IE. You may need beat over the head with a lesson before it sinks in)
5. Learning lessons does not end. There’s no part of life that doesn’t contain its lessons. If you’re alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
(IE. It's a continual process that never really ends)
6. There is no better a place than here. When your there has become a here, you will simply obtain another there that will again look better than here.
(Enjoy where you are in the journey. Satisfaction leads to success)
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
(If you are complaining about another persons belly rolls or love handles you are really complaining about your own)
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
(You are responsible, not your trainer, your workout buddy or your family. It's all you baby)
9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life’s questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
(Look deep, pay attention to what is happening and listen to your inner self)
10. You will forget all this.