Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Day 2: still trying to be determined...
I managed to get 20 minutes on the treadmill in last night, and I felt pretty proud of myself for that! Did some crunches on the stability ball too, so that was good. Time to set the goals though!
I seem to have the most trouble with establishing routine as well as getting easily discouraged. So rather than wait until I've lost 5 or 10 pounds for my bigger rewards, I know that I'll need continuing motivation rewards each week. First, I'll have "streak" goals. For every 7 days I streak, I'll get a reward! I'm starting with easier ones to maintain, and I'll re-evaluate as lifestyle changes get easier:
* 20 minutes on the treadmill (who HONESTLY does not have 20 flipping minutes a day to walk in front of the TV?!?)
* Stop eating at 7:30 PM
* Under 1700 calories (Ideally I should be at 1200-1550, but I'm going to gradually work down so I'm not frustrated with starving)
* 8 glasses of water (Weekends I tend to forget!)
I also plan on using weekly rewards for meeting certain goals. I'll start with two, and only get the reward if both goals are met. Gradually, I'll add more as I become accustomed to the new lifestyle:
* Strength training/Workout DVD three times per week
* Lose during the week (could be as little as .1 pounds or as much as 2 to 3, just can't GAIN - and yes, I realize that eventually there will be weeks of just maintaining.)
So now I have to find the rewards... I'll need some suggestions here... The problem is I'm slightly financially challenged (aka, BROKE) right now and TV or reading is not a "reward" for me as I don't have programs I "have" to watch.
Onto the brainstorming...
Thanks for any help!