Which is awesome by the way - if you haven't checked out the Challenge of Harry Potter team and you're even remotely a fan of the books, you should pop over and have a look around. The challenges are SO fun! (This week we're visiting Hogsmeade)
SO, these are the goals I set for myself for this term:
1) Exercise 6 days a week
2) Three dance-oriented work outs per week
3) Goal weight by my birthday (Dec.15) = 210lbs (my goal for the BLC14 Challenge)
We're 5 weeks into the term, so how am I doing?
1) Not so great on the 6 days a week. I've accomplished it ONCE so far, and though I had a great loss that week, I've pretty much spent the following two weeks recovering. I *think* it may be more than I can reasonably handle (my schedule being insane as it is). BUT, I'm going to keep it as a goal at least for the rest of this term, because I want to give it a fair shot, and I don't think I have yet. And I haven't been taking advantage of my "at home" options nearly as well as I could have (I haven't cracked the 30 Day Shred in weeks, have only tried the Pussy Cat Dolls work outs once - and dammit I really want to learn those dance moves - and my stability ball is gathering dust in a corner of the bedroom). SO, I give myself a C so far for the term - we'll see if I can pull a better grade by the end!
2) See #1 above - since I haven't been taking advantage of the DVDs at home (and I've got PSD, plus TWO bellydance workout DVDs), and the ballet class at the gym hasn't fit into my schedule (though I'm seriously considering trying it again, just not staying the whole 90 minutes), all I've managed is Zumba. Which I adore, don't get me wrong. I LOVE my Zumba class SO much! (It's going to SERIOUSLY suck when I start working 12 hour shifts - though there's Aqua Zumba at 10am and though it's not the same, it's still a great work out - and I'll still be able to go to regular Zumba on Thursdays when I'm off). SO, I need to figure out how to get more dancing in (possibly by scheduling one day a week with the DVDs). After January I am hoping to try the pole dancing class and maybe a bellydancing class or two (though I'm trying not to go TOO crazy at having the extra income with the bankruptcy being done, there are things we need to save for and get caught up on - why I'm not even CONSIDERING it until after January). But for now, I need to rely on what I already have. And I have PLENTY of resources, it's just a matter of making a plan and sticking to it. For now I give myself a D, but there's time to pull that up.
3) THIS one I'm pretty pleased with - having FINALLY broken the 220 barrier, I'm now 9 pounds away from my Birthday goal, and have EXACTLY (as of yesterday's weigh-in, since my birthday is on Wednesday this year) six weeks to get there. Barring another month-long plateau (*shudders* - not unlikely, but I'm going to work REALLY hard to try and avoid it), I should totally be able to manage that. B grade for now...hoping for an A+!
So...kind of average at the moment, but I'm making progress!
I can do this!