Weekend = Fail :(
Monday, October 18, 2010
My first weekend was pretty disappointed. I did really well on Saturday, played poker with friends Saturday night - stuck with a low calorie drink but binged on Sunday!! Yep, Sonic size chili cheese fries, cheesburger, the works. Awesome. Tracked it all though ... over 1,000 calories in 1 meal! Pretty depressing. The good news is that hopefully after actually seeing what I put in my body will prevent me from making that choice again in the future!
I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it - I know that this is a work in progress and I have to try my best to stay motivated. I found this post on the message board from member APIRLRAIN888 and wanted to share it in my blog so that I can refer back to it often!
If you are thinking this.
please realize that we didn't get this way overnight!
So please don't expect overnight results. It may take months, years to get to where you want to be!!!
"The race does not belong to the swift,
but belongs to those that just keep on running" -bible
Here just some of my motivational technique! hope others will share theirs.
BUT first thanks for taking the time to read this!:
1. RE-READ your "day one"/"why I am doing this" blog.
If you don't have one, it's time to sit and write one!
GREAT tool to have on down days to read it! Hopefully get re-inspired ;p
2. You must accept that this is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, not a diet. If you can accept that you will succeed!!
Lifestyle change = one good decision at a time, a day at a time!
3. What is the SECRET of SUCCESS!
EAT RIGHT, EXERCISE MORE!!!
Log in everything you eat! for at least the first few months. If it's too tiresome, you can stop then!
But what I find is when I used to log in my intake at night, I hit myself in the head, and repeat the mistake!
BUT now I have spark on my phone! I log BEFORE I eat, and remedy then and there, and meanwhile learn the lesson. ex avocado =400 cal, used to eat 2-4 a sitting. 4 egg omletee is 300 cal BUT 850 cholestrol!!! you get the idea
EXERCISE more, means just MOVE your body!
I started 5 min walk to jogging the 5k to training with c25k! I am using the wo9rd TRAINING bc it's different motivation then just exercise.
4. PHOTO Journal, optional, public/private! do one!
it's refreshing. I find camera is first to see any result! measuring tape 2nd! Scale last! and even SLOWER is our BRAIN!!!!!
5. RUNNING or exercise journal! I am a bear with very little brain (forgetful). I write how far I run, markers. so on my down day, I look back and see how far I have come. Yes I sux compare to yesterday! but for a week ago I ROCK!!!!!
6. If you have not already chk out my 250lb vs 120lb woman blog on 10/2 or it's here somewhere in motivation msg board!!!
7. OK if after all this, and you still feel like quiting! by all means, quit ;p LOL hope you don't thought!