Reasons Why I want to be fit and healthy
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I tend to keep sabotaging my efforts to change my lifestyle and live heathier, so I decided it is time to write a blog to remind me of the reasons I want to make this change.
1. I've learned a lot lately about how what we eat and how often we exercise helps prevent certain diseases and dictates certain health issues we may have later in life. I watch the older generation of my family who have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholestorol, depression, back problems, knee problems, the list goes on and on. I don't want to end up like that and whatever I can do to prevent it I NEED to do NOW.
2. I was always a skinny girl growing up. My body is naturally smaller, so even though I don't weigh a lot, I don't like where my body carries the weight and how it makes me look/feel. I want to be able to look in the mirror and like the person I see.
3. I hate getting dressed in the morning and I hate going shopping for new clothes. I'm constantly worrying about how the clothes fit me and whether or not they make me look/feel fat. I want to feel comfortable in my clothes again, and be able to wear whatever I want without having to worry about whether or not I feel fat in it. Plus I have tons of old clothes that I would love to be able to wear again and can't right now. I also have been avoiding buying new clothes because I plan on loosing the weight and don't want to buy something that fits now, only to not have it fit in a few months.
4. I want to be toned, actually have defined muscles. I want to be able to wear my swimsuit or shorts and tank tops next summer and know that I look good in them.
5. My husband keeps talking about going hiking during the summer. I always dread the thought of it because I have never done well on hikes and I know I am not in the shape I want to be to do them without killing myself. I want to be abe to do things like that and be able to play with my kids. etc. without having to worry about whether or not I can physically handle it.
6. I know that when I am taking care of myself, eating the foods I should and exercising I am a better person all around. I am a better wife and mother when I take care of myself. I feel better about myself, I am less irritable, I have more energy, etc. I need to take care of myself for me as well as those around me.
7. I want my children to learn healthy habits. I need to lead by example and teach them what is healthy and what is not and how to live a healthy balanced life. In order to teach them I need to do it myeslf.
8. I want to be an inspiration to others. I want to be someone they can turn to if they have questions or need a shoulder to lean on for support. I can't be that person if I'm not taking care of myself the ways I know I should be.