Friday, October 08, 2010
People say I write too much usually, but I don't have a lot of time right now so here I go...challenging myself to be brief.
* I went to the doctor. She took blood for a thyroid test, but think I'm just generally a cold person and losing 65 pounds has caused me to be even more cold without that extra insulation. She also pricked me for a glucose test. 118 after about an hour of eating a fig bar = really good, they said. As for the plateau and the 3-week TOM? Basically, she told me to just deal. The Depo takes 6-12 months to regulate finally (I'm on month 5) and the plateau will break eventually.
* This morning I ate scrambled eggs, some hasbrown potatoes, and one slice of bacon. I tried to eat a biscuit, but could only manage one bite. No matter what, I just don't eat like I used to anymore. It was a high calorie breakfast, but manageable. I'm not breaking my goals just because I'm P.O.ed at the scale.
* Today's workout? About 45 minutes of tennis with the Hubs and then 2 hours of cleaning/detailing my car. Yep, it took me that long, it was a MESS! It's still not 100% but I had to rush to get to the doctor's office. As for the tennis - we're both getting better. I've got a pretty good jump serve worked out, and we had one pass were we got like 7 returns! It felt good!!
* I'm about to leave (as soon as Hubs returns or I track him down...he went to get tires on his car 3 hours ago!) for my mom's house. I'm taking my oldest, Logan (11) and we'll be there through either Sunday night or Monday afternoon. RAVENSONG is already on her way there (I'll still beat her! *lol*) and will spend the weekend with us! I'm so excited I can hardly sit still and I'm acting all goofy crazy today! Should be a great weekend!
* Pray for my mom Sunday. (Go stop by her page and wish her luck if you'd like - she's SNOWFLAKE57 on my friends list.) The Dayton Corridor Classic 5k (Walk). The crew includes: Myself, my mother, my younger step-brother, my oldest son, my sister, my 2 nieces, and Becky (RAVENSONG). All we're hoping for is my mom's safe finish, time does not matter. Wish us luck!