fall 5% challenge! go starfish! goals for the next 8 weeks!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
i am so excited and SO READY to get my choices back on track and i am doing so with the help of the 5% community challenge. i am again a sensational starfish and i couldn't be more happy to be back to this exceptional team!
1. when i added up my 5%, i have approximately 11 pounds to lose this challenge; however, my goal has been for awhile to fall out of the obese category. i would be delighted if at the end of this challenge i am in the 'overweight' range.
2. also, i am looking to get back into my working out routine. my goal is to workout at least three times a week, half an hour each workout. i also want to strength train at least two times each week and to do a pilates or abs workout at least once a week.
3. before the end of the challenge, i want to have also read two additional books. i lost my paper that says how many books i've read since last year, but my goal was to read 25 books before my birthday. i remember writing down at least 21 books and had read at least two that i didn't write down, so if i read two more books before november 5th i will meet my reading goal for the year.
4. during the challenge i will continue to work on my budgeting. with moving and traveling, my little "safety net" is at zero. i hope to have saved $400 by the end of the challenge. that means saving $50 each week for the eight weeks.
5. i am not a very religious person, but the death of my mother-in-law combined with a few other factors has made me want to at least explore my options. i have told my husband we should go to a mass (he is catholic) and i told my stepfather i would go to church with him (he is baptist). in this eight weeks, i hope to attend those two services. if any of you have any suggestions for books, websites, etc. that aren't overly religious and might be a good resource for someone questioning religion, i would welcome the information!
6. i need to re-vamp my five year plan. way back when, i created a two year plan and actually completed quite a bit of those objectives in this first year. i want to look at where i want my life to be in five years and figure out which steps i need to take to get there.
let the challenge begin!