Copied from a mail message to DLEE27:
"Okay, is it totally weird that I feel...almost giddy? Today was a good day. Today was a great day! Today was a wonderful, amazing, in your face and suck it failure and disappointment, kind of day!"
I am extremely happy for several reasons. Here are my top 5...
1. My boss gave me a card (and gift) for graduation. Not at all necessary considering all she's done for me in the past three years - giving me time off work when I needed it, working with my school schedule, giving me that semester of personal leave so I could get some day classes in, giving me advanced training and opportunities at work, etc. I really look up to this woman and she reminds me of my (now passed) grandmother, so to hear her say "I'm really proud of you" just felt damn good!
2. A boy at school, okay, so I have a completely innocent crush on him (the kind you have on a movie star or something where you think he's just "SOOOO HOT!" and everything he says sounds wonderful to you), accidentally called me "baby" today. *lol* It made me smile because, well, because he's hot, but also because I felt like this new life I've started for myself was part of the reason. I felt cute for a moment...that doesn't usually happen.
3. I was on track with almost all of my goals. As of now I am under on calories, carbs, and protein (that doesn't usually happen, that last one), but for most of the day I had a very balanced day. Think I'll just eat an apple with a little bit of peanut butter or something here in a minute...maybe not. *shrug* I feel really good about where I'm at today as far as my food and such.
4. I'm not sure I can describe this one...I feel...I act good. During the day I feel very "up" most of the day. Most of the day I feel good about my life. Most of the day I am focused and happy and content. Stuff doesn't tend to bother me as much. People don't seem to annoy me as much. I don't know what has changed but I really - REALLY - hope this is a permanent change. Of course I know there will be bad days (I've had some already), but for the most part, things are better..internally...emotional
5. Finally, this is day 7 of the 100 Consecutive Days Workout Challenge. Thank you SPUNKYDUCKY for this! Really, thank you! I started on my inStride Cycle XL tonight with a goal of doing 10 minutes, maybe 15. At 15 I thought, "Okay, maybe 20." At 20 I thought, "Alright, I can do 25." At 25 I thought, "Well, it's only 5 more to 30...why the hell not?!" I'm really tired, but it feels good. SEVEN DAYS! SEVEN DAYS IN A ROW! I'm almost at the end of week 2 and I hope all this effort shows in rewards on the scale.
Oh, and my favorite quote from today...had me giggling for a good long while:
“If you let your head get too big, it’ll break your neck.”
That's just funny...I don't care who you are.