2010 has not been as positive as I wanted it to be but It is looking up:)
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
I thought this year would be perfect, that I would finally have the energy to focus on myself and get things together to have good weight loss.
Well I have had some set backs but I am not counting myself out.
My endocrinologist retired and I went several weeks without thyroid medication. This was not good. I could tell my metabolism was not acting right. I finally got my new prescription but I think I have gained about 10 pounds. I am not worried about this because when your body just tries to store everything instead of use it, that is what happens. I know that when my metabolism is not high, this happens and I will NEVER go without my medication again. I have not been eating very much food, only 1 meal a day and this didn't help. I wasn't hungry and this meant that my body went into starvation mode instead of gaining energy and utilizing nutrients.
anyway, that is improving. My mom's health is not good and we are still struggling to try to get her some financial help. Of course she is not listening to me and that in itself is bringing lots of stress. Please pray about this.
My sister who has schizophrenia tried to kill herself last week ( the reason I have been gone a few days) and is now in a psychiatric hospital. Her meds were all off and they are trying to get her stabilized before they start her on something new. Her husband says that she may need care for quite some time.
anyway, I am looking at this year and my goals and starting April 1rst, i am restarting my ticker and working on myself. I have to get myself under control and I need everyone's help. I am positive about my journey and I will NEVER quit.
I know that I need to work on some things so I have set some goals
1. I will make a check list and check off my goals daily
2. I will spend time making sure my goals are within my scope. I think sometimes I set goals that are too broad.
3. I will drink 8 glasses of water daily
4. I will track my food to make sure I am getting 1600 calories a day ( spark says this is what I need)
5. I will complete the Walk off a size challenge
6. I will limit my sugar and fats
7. I will count my ww points daily
8. I will continue to uplift others on my journey as this helps me to realize I need to get positive encouragement as well.
I am sure that I will get lots of encouragement here as Sparks is the place I find strengthh
This blog is not meant to be disheartening but is meant to make me realize that I have let other people get the better of me instead of preparing myself with good health to deal with things beyond my control.
Thanks for listening and I know that we can win this battle together.