Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Well If I can get my techie kids to help me I will post a couple of pictures of myself.
On Saturday I walked with a friend. We decided to take "before" pictures and then in 40 days we will compare those pictures to see how they compare with "after." I have not looked at a side view of myself for a long time. I guess it is over due. Yikes!
I have a long way to go. I am not sure if I have the faith, courage and bravery to make this journey. But, I do have reasons I should. I want to be thinner again. I want to know what it is like to look at myself and feel good about how I look. It has been such a long time...
I found this quote today:
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." --- Aristotle
I will believe myself to be excellent if I can do these things:
1. 40 minutes in spiritual study and meditation.
2. Walking daily with my friends. (Except Sunday )
3. Lift weights 3 times per week.
4. Eat at least 3 meals and one snack daily.-Planned ahead.
5. Eat according to South Beach diet.
6. Walk 10,000 steps daily except Sunday.
7. Follow my decluttering and cleaning plan.
My kids interrupted I want to add:
8. Write down everything I eat.
9. Eat only at the table. -Pay attention!
10. Realize it matters!
My goal for the next 40 days is to go forward with the faith that I can create excellence. I can do the things that I admire. I will be an excellent lady. I can do this. It may not be easy but, I have a plan and I think it is doable.