Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Had a good day yesterday but it confirmed my decision to change my club. I went to my usual one for a swim:-
1. The M6 was very slow. (could go a different way but it's much longer)
2. Got to the carpark to find that there were only a couple of disabled places left & only one or two of the cars already parked had badges. This is a pet hate of mine & I've complained several times but nothing gets done except maybe occasionally the hotel staff put letters on windscreens which get thrown on the floor. (You can tell this gets me mad)
3. Only one of the Sunshowers was working. (again)
4. At 10 past 12 there was still a couple of parents with toddlers in the pool. (Adults only between 12 & 2)
5. Both cubicles with curtains (there are only 2 in the womens changing areas, 5 in the mens!) were occupied so it was a choice of using a toilet cubicle or stand & wait. I chose the latter, only to find that the cubicle was full of hair & other rubbish.
6. The M6 was almost at a standstill on the way home!
Considering this is a large hotel chain & we pay a reasonable subscription, the facilities could be better. The sad thing is, the staff are great & I've made loads of good friends with the other members.
Should I change my name to Victor Meldrew?????
At least I feel better after that little rant.