Friday, November 06, 2009
It´s raining cold and hard outside and the horses seems grumpy and depressed by all the wet. By cycling the round with the dogs and doing the stables I feel like I have the right start on this day and I am a little more positive than when I woke up.
But maybe I have to accept more levels to my daily ambitions. As an on-off person it has been either full speed or absolutely nothing... And a common pattern is to start full speed, get distracted and - realizing that I´m "off" I just give up and get paralyzed.
To be "off" can be not going on that bike ride, eating an apple that was nit in my meal planner, not writing the bills I had planned, not vacuuming the living room as planned... it can be anything that is not "perfect" according to plan.
So I have to find levels between "perfect" and "total failure" - how about "good enough" and how about the three areas exercise, food and work?
- On a perfect day I exercise one-two hours more than just the morning bike tour
- on a good enough day 1 I cycle those four kilometres and make the dogs really happy.
- on a good enough day 2 I take the dogs to the stables (1 km) and have them accompany me while I do my chores
- on a total failure day I won´t get out of bed apart from lettings the dogs out to do their business on their own .
-On a perfect day I eat 1200 kcal with nutritious food and a 1-1-3 balance between carbs, protein and vegetables.
- On a good enough day 1 I eat under 2.200 kcal and there are vegetables to each meal.
- On a good enough day 2 I eat under 2.600 kcal.
- On a total failure day I eat anything I see all the time if it contains sugar or fat.
- On a perfect day I will work at least eight hours with promoting, executing or administrating my business.
- On a good enough day 1 I will call at least one phone call to promote coming jobs and I will spend at least on hour in sorting bookkeeping papers.
- On a good enough day 2 I will one action to promote earning money..
- On a total failure day I will not answer phone calls or open my computer.
There was a great post on "HEALTHY REFLECTIONS" today: "If you spend too much time working on your weaknesses, all you end up with is a lot of strong weaknesses."
I want to level with my levels - today I have been good enough already in the three areas - I have also been a nice human beings as I went early to the stables to help the owner to put rugs and headcollars on the horses and letting them out.
This might not be the perfect day - but it is sure good enough! And looking around I realize that I find good enough things far more interesting and rewarding than perfects.
Thanks for reading