Be aware re the video that at about 1:33 Sting drops the f-bomb plus there's some odd/questionable imagery, particularly towards the end (it is, after all, Frank Zappa), so do be discreet and I'd recommend listing with headphones on if at work.
Okay, disclaimer is out of the way.
It's not murder by numbers, it's health by numbers.
Read 'em and weep.
We had health screenings at work today.
* Blood pressure: 125/72. Ideal is less than 120/80 but the # they seem to care more about is the second one, which is fabulous.
* Glucose (and I wasn't fasting!): 91. Ideal is below 110 so this is off the charts fabulous.
* Total cholesterol: 156. Ideal is under 200. I was 199 last year.
* HDL (good) cholesterol: 40. Ideal is over 40 so it could be slightly better but is still good.
* TC/HDL ratio: 3.9. Ideal is less than 4.5
* BMI: 39.4. Ideal is 18.5-24.9 so there's still a ways to go, but extreme obesity is 40 and up so I am now classified as obese for the first time in probably 10 years.
* Body fat percentage: 43.9. Ideal for females 40-59 years of age is 18-30%. Still a ways to go but improving. The nurse suggested interval training. She was REALLY impressed with my cholesterol #s.
Plus I got a flu shot.
I AM HEALTHY!!!!!
I will go to my doctor in January. Man, she's gonna flip.
Hey, this stuff works.
Okay, you got me. We ALL knew. Deep down, we knew. But we put it off. Or we rationalized it. Or we wished it away and swept it under the rug.
Well I am here to tell you that once you confront that rug and turn it over, and stop putting it off, some truly amazing things can happen.
And the truly amazing thing is that this is in ALL of us. You, me and the postman. The annoying woman at work and the lunch lady and your government representative. Your father and your cousin and your niece and your landlady and a poet laureate and an accountant. A truck driver and a kindergarten teacher. A food service worker and a CEO.
It's as easy to learn as your A, B, C, D, E