Looking for motivation today to keep doing the things I need to do to keep off my 75 pound loss:
1. in laundry:
- my jeans are small in the hips and butt; I like to even just took at how small they are! Still surprises me after nearly 12 years.
- there are better choices in my current size than in my old sizes; I am just about to enter my immunity period and go clothes shopping and I want that to be motivating, not depressing
- I have the energy to return the clothes to closets and dressers with gusto!
(That pair of Size 6 Curvy capris that are a little too snug in the waist probably should go. Don't want any de-motivators in the laundry. I want success stories.)
- I changed to something more flattering yet comfortable; feeling good and good about myself is motivating. Can't wait to get back to dances and group runs that reinforce how great it is to be a normal weight.
- I had 3 sports bras in my laundry. That proves I haven't been a total slug and I'm ready to be more active.
2. on my walk:
- walking on this beautiful blue-sky breezy day with Casey dog is fun and it would not be near so much fun at my old weight
3. watching women's basketball:
- I notice than many of the wonderful athletes that I so enjoy watching don't have tiny waists either; they are strong and skilled
- I enjoy the steps I get during the game, even if my team ended 2 points short
4. looking at what has motivated me in the past:
Motivation is everywhere! Thinking of past successes is motivating. Thinking about the things I enjoy at this weight and how I wouldn't enjoy as much at my old weight is motivating. Answering negative thoughts (I can't keep this up. I'm just too hungry. It doesn't really matter. It is just vanity. I am thicker than I was even at the same weight.) is crucial for success. You can tell I am struggling, but NOT giving up!!
As I looked for motivation I found a gem. Don't tell yourself "I can't eat this", say "I don't eat this." I make wise choices. I am not deprived.
Perhaps my readers will share a motivator or two with me! I can use all I can get.