09-06-2020 - Purple Phoenix Challenge Team - We Need Your Help
Sunday, September 06, 2020
I am the co-leader of a Biggest Loser team (no relation to the show except for the name) called the Purple Phoenix. We have room for a few members for the Fall Challenge. If you are looking for a small team that is very encouraging, this may be what you want. The teams are private, so what happens on our threads stays on our threads.
These are the team expectations:
We compete against 10 other teams to be the Biggest Losing Team over the course of our challenge. The challenges are designed to help each of us on our journey to better health and fitness. Being active on a team helps keep you moving in the right direction.
1. BE ACTIVE: Being a member of the Purple Phoenix is more than just joining and weighing in once a week.
2. CHALLENGES: One weekly ITC Challenge is required. You can choose Exercise or Nutrition, or do both for more points. They can be modified to fit your level of fitness or your food plan. The total team points are submitted to the Challenge Team Leadership each week. These points are the tie-breaker in weeks where two teams have the same weight loss %.
PTC's or Purple Team Challenges are created by the team leaders. We try to create useful and fun challenges and are always open to your suggestions. The ITCs are set at the beginning of the challenge and cannot be changed but we set the PTCs and can adjust on a weekly basis as requests are made by the team.
3. PARTICIPATION/COMMUNICATION: The minimum participation/communication each week includes the following. We can be flexible in special circumstances.
- Post on the chat thread at least once a week and let us know how you are doing.
- Do a minimum of 60 minutes cardio each week & report it at the weigh-in. This is less than 10 minutes a day. We can help you if you have physical limitations.
- Do a minimum of 30 minutes strength a week & report it at weigh-in. This is 10 minutes a day for 3 days each week. We can help you if you have physical limitations.
- Contact one team member each week, either on their page or with a goodie or a comment on a blog.
- Check your spark mail for Purple Phoenix e-mails at least once a week.
- Encourage and support your teammates and be prepared to be encouraged and supported. This means your page has to be open for people to visit.
- When you weigh-in on Wednesday, check out the challenges for that week, so you know if you need to check in more often in case it is a whole team challenge.
4. WEIGH IN - You must weigh-in by midnight your time every Wednesday. If you need to weigh in earlier you may do so. If you cannot weigh in on time, you need to let us know so you can be marked as excused. Two unexcused missed weigh-ins in a row and you will be dropped from an active status to honorary and your stats will no longer count for the team. This is a Biggest Loser rule and must be followed.
This is a ten-week challenge. We just had our starting weigh-in and the first official weigh-in is this Thursday. We had an unexpected member loss and need one more person to make our team complete.
If you are interested in joining us, let me know ASAP!