How did you learn to ENJOY exercise?
Sunday, December 22, 2019
Someone created a topic on the Fitness and Exercise message board entitled "How did you learn to ENJOY exercise".
These tips are based on what I did and do:
• don't "try", "learn" or in any other way force yourself to ENJOY exercise. It will happen if you exercise regularly and make a study of it.
• exercise moderately, not to the point of pain and injury.
• make it become a habit by doing it every day for the rest of your life.
• be grateful for the exercise successes that you already have behind you. Do this on an ongoing basis as you have new experiences for which to be grateful. Be grateful for very small things as well as the big. Post your gratitudes on a message board.
• add variety. Do several different forms of exercise.
• do exercise activities that are not JUST exercise, such as sports, walking groups, etc. I do pickleball.
• do social sports/exercise activities.
• read about exercise. Blogs, books, magazines, etc.
• read autobiographies and biographies of sports people, runners, swimmers, etc.
• find, or create, a volunteer gig sharing exercise with others.
• research your local community center, senior center, parks and recreation, adult ed catalogs and websites for opportunities and ideas.
• exercise to your favorite music.