The Study was painted today. Yea!
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
It all started when my handyman replaced the window ledge at the front door side window. It has been replaced now for the third time because my dogs over the years rest their chins on the ledge to look out the window. Over the years they have also chewed on the ledge as they watched out the window. So I get it replaced. My handyman had to buy paint in the right color and because it was not a standard color, he had to buy one gallon. That started the project. I figured with one gallon of paint I could paint all the baseboards.
My project this summer is to paint the baseboards in my home. I've painted the Dining room, Living room, Hallway, and Study so far and I am satisfied with the results. It took several U-tube videos before I even bought my first paint brush but now I am flush with supplies. As I paint each room I have noticed other things about my home's aging interior.
I noticed that the the walls by the patio door in the Study were chipped and the wall had some places of missing paint so I decided I would do the drywall repair and paint the study. After watching several videos I decided to ask my handyman to do the work. He finished the job this morning and will be back next week to install a new curtain rod for my new curtains. This afternoon I will reinstall the wall socket plates and light switch plates then sit down to read my book.
Next week I will start on the Master bathroom baseboards and my handyman has agreed to do repair to the corners and paint the walls. Looking forward to starting the project but I have to figure out how to keep the dogs out while I work.