I haven't been on spark since June 20th 2017. That's four and a half months ago. Over one hundred days have passed!
Last time I was here, I shared these updates:
1) I had just found out about my super lactose intolerance. I was making big changes to my diet. I was told I'd quickly lose 20 lbs just from not eating dairy products. Spoiler Alert - I didn't! And also my stomach is still being a general jerk and I am still working with a gastro doc to figure it out. I go back later this month for next steps.
2) We had just built our home gym... that I only used twice all summer.
3) I had just gone back to chiro/PT. I am still keeping that up! I have learned alot about what I need to do to keep my neck in a good place.
I have additional updates!!
- I am not pregnant. I am not planning on getting pregnant. I am just fine with that. (Apparently when you're married and 30, this is the top question on everyone's minds!)
- Just celebrated our first anniversary. I can't believe a whole year has gone by! We're still very happy!
- Work is busy. They are talking about moving me to a new team. I can't believe I have been here a year and a half now and how much better it has been than my agency job. It has it's days, but no one is belittling me here or making me work ungodly hours, so we're good!
- I joined WeightWatchers. I'm starting my fourth week and I am down five pounds. I have still been able to have a little booze and french fries. It has been eye opening to me in a way that SparkPeople never really got to me. I feel like the points make me stop and think about my choices. The points also reward you for things like veggies, so I'm finding that I'm actually eating much more of them. But I'm also not feeling deprived of things that I enjoy! I signed up for 3 months and I said I'd evaluate at the end of it whether it was working but 5 lbs in 3 weeks isn't too shabby!
My only gripe with WW so far is that there isn't any place to blog. They have a community of sorts but it is tough to make deeper connections with like-minded people and I still feel the need to sort through my thoughts somewhere with writing it out. All of my past weight-loss centric blog posts are here, so I may just come back to Spark for the blog to keep it all in one place.
That is where I am at right now! Perhaps this blog will be a little busier again soon!
And here is Beatrice celebrating my husband's birthday because duh, dogs: