I have 2 goals for BLC 34.
1. lose 20lbs.
S - lose 20lbs.
M - that is, 2.5lbs per week. Measurable by the scale
A - I checked with my doctor who thinks that for me, this will probably be a very easy target
IF I follow my own guidelines! And those guidelines are to follow my wholefood plant-
based way of eating, cut out oils (considered processed foods) including less avocados
and nuts (sad face) and do at least 40 minutes exercise per day - no need for high
intensity at this stage, just get out the door.
R - Relevant to me because it is a lifestyle change rather than just a 'diet' and thus a
permanent change. The reward in my case is all sorts of health pluses!
T - reportable on weigh-in day, Wednesdays, on our ONTS, and in my phone app
2. Just been diagnosed with (mild) Fatty Liver Disease (no surprises there, just happy it wasn't
cancer!) SO my second smart goal is to get my liver enzymes count and my cholesterol
S - to see definable decrease in blood test results taken 7 weeks apart. These first results
taken from tests done on 1 June 2017
ie - cholesterol under 5.5 (currently 5.8)
- ALT done to 48 (currently 54) overall 2017 goal to get under34
- LDLC under 3.8 (currently 4.0) overall 2017 goal to get under3.5
- LDLC/HDLC under 3.7 (currently 3.9)overall 2017 goal to get under3.5
- Chol/HDLC under 5.2 (currently 5.6) overall 2017 goal to get under4.5
M - Measureable by another blood test done July 21st
A - agreed upon with my doctor (who is actually quite pumped to watch AND measure my health improvements)
R - Definitely realistic and achievable.
T - Measureable by another blood test done July 21st