COUNTING MY BLESSINGS: DAY 10
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
I have had a good day. I forced myself to get out and walk, even if it meant I was getting errands done. I sometimes find it easier to be grateful when I am outdoors, breathing fresh air.
My apartment tends to be gloomy, with windows placed high and the sun blocked by over head balconies. It always seems brighter as soon as I step outside the front door. These are the things I came up with today:
1) I decided to sleep in today rather than getting up when the alarm went off. It is a treat for me to not have to be somewhere; the extra hours of relaxation felt like I was pampering myself.
2) Grateful that the ice and snow are finally disappearing. This makes walking easier as well as safer.
3) Grateful to see people in shorts. Although I'm still wearing my winter coat and boots I know that I will eventually be retiring these items for another year.
4) Grateful that I noticed my fingers and face are a tiny tiny bit tanned. It looked odd having these white arms but I realized I must be getting some Vitamin D. even though the days remain cold and I'm mostly covered up. I think a tan just makes a person look healthier.
5) Grateful I noticed a bush sporting actual buds today. This is another first. Might mark the beginning of a lilac bush. I love the smell of lilacs.
6) Grateful that I am so easy to please. I have been blessed in several ways these past 2 days.
Many have needs/wants that are so great they would never recognize the things I experience as blessings at all.
7) Grateful that nothing bad happened recently when I forgot to show up at work. I have been dealing with a head injury for the past few weeks and memory problems are one of the symptoms.
8) Grateful that I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I tend to down play any challenges to my physical well being, sometimes to my own detriment, and really needed a push to see a professional. I tend to be self reliant and this is not always a good thing.
9) Grateful that I have people in my life that care about me and are willing to push when it is deemed necessary. I really had this "man as an island" mentality mastered.
10) I am grateful that old dogs can learn new tricks. I am living proof that one's personality can change, sometimes in quite significant ways. A personality test I took way back in 1985 had me listed as 99.99% introverted. Being the curious individual that I am I took a similar test online the other night and discovered I am now only 58% introverted. I have made great strides in leaving my isolationist tendencies behind. I have allowed people into my life, albeit while still protecting myself. I have a sense of humor and really enjoy making people laugh. That wasn't part of my life for the first 50 years or so.
For these things and many many more, I am grateful.
Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU