Happy Birthday to me! Honestly, 35 was a BIG one for me. Feels a little weird. I'll get over it, I guess.
So, here's the rundown of last week's madness:
For my birthday, we went out for Mexican. This was my meal once I was basically done.
My Mom gave me $ for makeup, as requested. Shane got me this:
The best part was how appropriate the bag tag felt.
Oh, and with Mom's cash, I got me a couple pampering goodies. This perfume smells SO good!
I spent much of the week with extreme leg/knee pain still. Thanks to suggestions here I'm looking into purchasing a compression sleeve for my knee (I took measurements last night...and left them at home...so I have to wait until Shane wakes up to give them to me before I can order). I spent much of Saturday on crutches and in bed. It's been rough.
I did connect with another sleever on YouTube who also ended up having knee pain after her sleeve surgery. It was nice to have someone else understand how frustrating it is to finally feel bouncy and being unable to bounce because of the pain. Hers has resulted in surgery, which they're waiting on until she loses more weight. I'm really hoping surgery isn't in my future, but...let's be honest...my knees are shot. I'm probably headed down that road whether I like it or not.
So far I've tried
(1) Stretching - I have a suspicion that it's tightness in my hips and/or hammies. For a few days I was trying to stretch it out regularly throughout the day. It seemed to help. And then I ended up on crutches.
(2) NOT Stretching - Another article I read said it could be due to overlengthening of the muscles. If that's the case, stretching is the opposite of what you want to do because they're already stretched too far. UGH! So confusing.
(3) Working Out - Chiro thinks I need to continue to work out. I tried. The pain is just SO severe these days. I want to cry if someone just touches my foot and bumps it. I nearly got sick on the way to work because it hurt so bad. Sometimes I lift my leg by the knee with my arms just so I don't have to scream in pain.
(4) Resting It - Like I said, I spent all day Saturday in bed and on crutches.
The result? I still have no damn clue how to make this better or well. I see my doctor in a couple weeks. My goal this week is to squat and stretch and see what happens. UGH! I'm annoyed.
And, now for the stats...
Starting Weight: 460.6 (1/26/15)
Weight Pre-Op: 437.8 (start of pre-op diet)
Last Week: 376.4
Current Weight: 375.0
Weight Lost This Week: -1.4 pounds (I'll take it!)
Weight Lost Since Pre-Op: 62.8
Weight Lost Since Start: 85.6
Total Weight Lost Since Highest: 91.6
This week I went through my closet and pulled out my smaller jeans. That includes a size 28 (Old Navy, so they stretch a lot) and 28 Corduroy pants (with like 0 stretch). I have a 26 that is THIS close. I had been avoiding this step because I didn't want to be disappointed, but Hubs encouraged me to just try and I finally did last night since all day yesterday my pants were literally FALLING OFF. I've had to get rid of 2 pairs of pants now. One stretch. One jeans. It feels pretty good to do that, actually. I've retired quite a few shirts and several bras.
My Next Big Milestone Goals:
- 100 pounds from highest (366.6)
- 75 pounds since surgery pre-op diet (362.8)
- 100 pounds from Jan 2015 (360.6)
- The 350s
- 125 from highest (341.6)
- 100 pounds since surgery pre-op diet (337.8)
- 125 from start in Jan 2015 (335.6)
- Size 26s
The first big GOAL weight? 299.9 (another 75 pounds)
I'm working toward healing so I can go to New Orleans for a convention of sorts in mid May. I've never been to the French Quarter and with how absolutely obsessed I am with anything French, that's actually surprising. I MUST heal so I can be there! (I'm actually REALLY glad I didn't sign up for the photography convention that's happening this week BECAUSE of this stupid leg. I'd be suffering SO hard right now trying to get around...same as I was last year. Maybe losing more weight will naturally help this situation and it will sort itself out. HURRY! Before MAY! *lol*)
*img source unknown*