Are you better than a year ago?
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Reading my entry blogs I see that a year a go I was in the same place. exercisisng , trying to beat the looming threat of diabetes. Sometimes it's really discouraging and it feels like I have made no progress, but I must analyze things in order to learn.
1. I weighed 4 lbs. less this year than last when I went to the doctor.
2. Though my A1c was .2 higher, my fasting glucose was 91--Last year it was 105
3. I have been tracking my food for about 4 weeks. Didn't stick with that last year.
4. I have learned to eat healthier and still fill statisfied. The changes I've made have been life ones, like when I decided soda was pretty much poisonous almost 3 years ago, and have had only a taste- never a full one here there.
5. I am eating a lot less red meat. (about once a week only)
6 Eating a A lot more salmon
7. I decided to spend money on a personal trainer until I loose 40 lbs., or find myself going to the gym on my own 4 times a week.
SO the answer is YES!! I am in a better place than last year!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it still as hard? YES it takes courage and encouragement from within. Nobody is going to care about you or your happiness like you. It's your own responsibility.