- if I'm going to drink water in ounces equal to half my body weight, I'm going to have to start earlier. That's all there is to it. I still have a quart or so to go, and if I don't want to be up all night - as if my normal insomnia isn't bad enough - I'm not sure I'm going to finish it. But I'm still working on it! (And now I see that it's only about another 1 1/2 Starbucks mugs, so I may make it yet.)
- I can spend an almost indefinite amount of time fiddling about with things. Case in point, it took me nearly three hours to re-do my Spark Page,
if I include rearranging photos and the like. And I do. In fact, I think that, out of the entire constellation of activities one could pursue, just fiddling about with things is what I do best.
- I actually got up when I woke up (although I didn't de-sofa for a good two hours after, being perfectly content under a mid-sized dog and two cats.) And while FitBit insists I only got 4 hours' sleep,
I actually feel pretty good.
- I really enjoy winter when it isn't so dreadfully cold.
Today was a snow day for everyone in about a two state radius, so I felt good about being snowed in and enjoyed the day to the utmost...doing basically nothing....
- (Pause for a piece of serious business. Put on your "serious reading" faces.) It was suggested to me recently that by putting too much personal, not-very-happy history on my Spark Page, I am essentially tying myself to the past. At least I think that was the point... anyway, that's what I took away from it. I've given this some thought, and as reluctant as I am to release some things, I don't have to define myself by them. I've thought this of many, many people over the years; people who define themselves by a tragedy, an illness, an addiction, whatever, but never thought to apply it to my own situation. Oh, forest for trees...
(End serious philosophical stuff.)
- I genuinely do dislike cooking. I thought it was just because the kitchen looked like a tornado of nastiness had gone through it, but I cleaned it up
and I still feel that way. HOWEVER I also noticed that I don't mind cooking so much when it's daylight out (the sun room/studio is right there with northern and eastern exposure, so there's good light most of the day) so it seems like batch cooking and freezing is going to be a go. Which also means I have to clean out the utility room so I can get to the freezer easily, but so it goes.
- Lucy the Dog is shedding all of a sudden. This is relevant because when I went to do some exercises on the living room floor, I immediately noticed what looked like the remains of an exploded dog. I vacuumed it up, but by the time all that was over I'd lost my enthusiasm for exercise. Which means if I want to exercise in my house (which is all I've got) I have to brush the dog once or twice a day.
Not a big deal, but I discovered how easily I'm distracted and how many things have to be in line for goals to be accomplished - stuff I normally don't even think about.
- While I was writing this, I let the turkey for KRISKECK's excellent Turkey Bolonese:
burn slightly. Beginning to wonder if what I've always thought of as "lack of follow-through" is actually some weird blend of perfectionism and ADD (definitely not got the H part there - I'd pay good money for that puppy.)
Hey, look at that! While I was writing this, I finished all the stupid water! Go, me!