Wow, so long since I blogged. I've been doing a slow integration back to being healthier. It seems to be going well. After multiple foot surgeries, psych meds, birth control, and another surgery, I had gained quite a bit of weight. My foot has finally healed enough to exercise. In May I finally became stable enough that my doctor and I felt I could stop the psych meds and just visit regularly. Then in August I had surgery to remove cysts from my ovaries, remove endometriosis, and end my ability to have children (yay!!!).
So, finally no more birth control. That was the biggest help to weight loss, but all of it combined made a huge difference. Knowing I no longer have to worry about birth control has also helped me greatly mentally. The husband and I have really benefited from knowing we are safe and won't be having kids we don't want. Since surgery in August I've lost 20 lbs.
My goal for the holiday season was to just not gain weight, and I succeeded. Now, back to losing. I'm going to take advantage of the new year and go get a gym membership when fees are low. It sucks that there aren't any good gyms in the town I live in, so I'll be joining a gym 15 miles away. But, my friend also has a membership there and is first letting me try it out with her. Then we plan on going together. So, hopefully it will work out.
I don't really have any resolutions this year. I'm just continuing the goals I've already started:
- eat more fruits and veggies (doing well so far)
- work at losing weight (going good so far)
- cook more meals (I've started making the entire package of chicken breasts at once and then reheating them. That way I only have to make sides).
- drink less pop (most days I don't have any, if I do it's only a can. So, much better).
- drink more water or tea (bought new reusable bottles to help with that. I kind of hate water most of the time, so I drink mostly watered down tea. It's mostly water with just a little tea flavoring, but whatever works).