Rules: 1st Annual Sparkpeople Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
We've all seen them. We've gotten them. We've given them. Yep; ugly holiday sweaters.
Now we have a better use for them: the 1st Annual SparkPeople Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest.
No cost to enter. Everyone can play. Here are the rules:
1. Take a picture of someone you know personally, wearing an ugly holiday sweater. Alternatively, have someone take a picture of you, or take a selfie. What is not allowed: surfing the net for one and posting a pic to which you have no personal nexus with the model.
2. Write and post a Sparky blog entitled "Sparkpeople Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest." Post your entry in your blog. As many pics per blog as you like.
3. Post by Midnight, local time, on Christmas Eve. Drop me a note on my page, giving me the heads up. If thousands play as I expect, I will be inundated,
4. By the morning of the 26th, a committee of Sparky elders (Thing One, Thing Two and me) will have reviewed, deliberated, ranked and blogged with the results here.
5. Recognition, prestige and self-esteem for all entrants. The winner also gets a free Sparky membership for 2015.
Now to give you an idea of what the judges are seeking, I coerced the (very bribe-able) Thing Two to model an appropriate entry: