Friday, October 03, 2014
So had a biopsy done on a enlarge neck node. It has slowly gotten larger and we are hoping for a negative result. My mothers started out the same way but she waited way too long to do anything about it and had neck cancer which she passed away from in 2007. Even if it is something I know I will be fine.
Been worried about my DH Jeff too. He finally had a physical, which he has put off for years. He has smoked for years he says under 2 packs a day but it use to be closer to 3 packs a day. So who really knows with a smoker because they tend to lie to themselves. Anyway we got his first batch of blood work which all looked good, this the specialized stuff came back and high this and high that. Doctor wants him on a low fat diet, lol if you all knew my husband that would be like cutting off his arm, leg whatever. His weight was 233 at 6' 4" but it is all stomach, we joke that he is starting his 3rd trimester. He loves his nightly ice cream (full fat), his chips and dips. I know I shouldn't buy it for him but he gets mad if I don't because he says he is making the big bucks.
Doctor needs him to stop smoking too. He has tried so many times before with no luck (pills, cold turkey) he doesn't want too and you have to want too. Maybe this time because they did a new chest x-ray and from the ones they did in 2010 & 2011 there are differences in the lower right or left lobes. He had a cat scan today. He got the patch to try but still is not using them. I don't see him going on a low fat diet and stopping smoking at the same time. He just doesn't have the strength to do both. He has always said I was strong when I put my mine to doing something like stopping smoking back in 1997. I just stopped, felt it wasn't worth it and the prices were getting to be too expensive.
Will let you all know how things turn out. I am still recovering from the biopsy since I haven't felt 100%. Have trouble with all antibiotics and for the first 2 days spent a lot of time in the bathroom.
My weight is still going down. Saw the thyroid doctor today and was down to 166.1 and I ate lunch b/4 going. I haven't done any exercise since Sunday. I was doing pretty good I thought on the daily meds for the migraines but on Tuesday afternoon got 2 of them and another one last night. Doctor may have to increase the dose or she may have to talk me into the MRI I don't want to do.
The weather is still hot here, over 100 still at 4:12pm but the weather guys say it will start to cool off maybe next week. Would be so nice, I am so burned out on hot weather. I will be going to AZ near Phoenix at the end of the month to visit my daughter as she is having surgery. That's about it for now. xo to all my buddies here