Highlights & Hindsight
Friday, August 08, 2014
I think my mental crisis has somewhat abated as the week has gone on. I had a little funk and I had to work through it.
A few highlights of this week:
- Exceeded my step goal every day
- I have convinced co-workers to take our meetings outside for a “walking meeting” – twice this week!
- I had two people tell me I looked skinner/asked if I lost weight
- I made two new healthy pinterest recipes this week, one of which was pretty good and the second was AMAZING. My first try at kebobs on the grill was a home run! I still had a moment where I was in awe of the fact that I was eating whole mushrooms. Who am I?!
- Packed or cooked 95% of my meals. My intern and I went to a very fancy lunch yesterday for restaurant week. I only ate half of a roll and we split dessert and didn’t finish it. I got lobster tacos and they were TINY – like 3 were the size of 1 taco bell taco. It was the only non-fried option and trust me I really wanted some of that fried stuff but said no. So I guess that worked out? My BF and I also celebrated National IPA Day yesterday with 2 beers so a little slip there as well?
- I only went to PT once this week. My doc is on vacation and I do not like the backup doc. He hurt me on Tuesday so I spent my PT time walking on Wednesday instead.
- I went to the grocery store last night and STOCKED UP. Wegmans sells these portioned marinated chicken breasts. I bought five packs to freeze for easy grillable dinners, with steam bag veggies and brown rice. We’ll have five easy go-to nights. Work has been really stressful lately and one of my excuses in my brain for not cooking is that I’m too tired/stressed, but having these types of dinners on hand will be a BIG help in sticking with it.
- I got a few things taken care of around the house. Finally framed our art for the living room! Everything is really starting to come together. We’re seriously talking about getting a dog now. If anyone knows where/how I can adopt or buy a Boston Terrier, please let me know! Google hasn’t been very helpful for our area. I know a doggie will help me get those steps in too!
This week got off to a rocky start, but in hindsight I think I did pretty well! Tried to keep myself up and going forward and I think it worked?
I have family visiting this weekend and next week. Gotta try to behave (family makes me want beer! Haha). The weather has been SO BEAUTIFUL so it hasn’t been too hard to get my steps in because I haven’t wanted to sit inside. I need to keep that momentum going. I’m also starting to put some “personal plans” together – for example, I keep saying I want to start meditating, I need to DO IT. I am thinking about taking some career initiatives. Things like that. If I don’t work on myself and make my life better, nobody will do it for me. That’s my new mantra!
Anyways, hope you all have had a great week and have an even better weekend!