This was a good round for me. My goal was to to lose a minimum of 12 pounds
by the end of the round. I am down 13 pounds by:
1. Tracking my food daily, with the following guidelines: 1200-1500 calories; 1500 mg sodium
6/7 days on average
2. Eating mostly lean meats, minimum 5 servings of veggies and 2 fruits a day, essential fats, and avoid sweets except on occasion.
3. Exercising – Build to minimum 500 minutes a week, including walking/hiking, riding stationary bike, water aerobics, fitness videos, and ST.
Averaged over 500/week.
4. Actively participating in all Azure and BLC-wide challenges.
5. Special goal – identify and complete one project each week that will improve my house and/or well-being.
Just as important, I proved to myself that I could be consistent and avoid the pitfalls that usually derail me (sweets, cravings, injury). I lost in 11 of the 12 weeks (well, assuming I maintain the loss I have going this week). While I wasn't “perfect” in my eating, the important thing is that I put a stop to it quickly when I started losing control. I averaged over 500 fitness minutes a week and did so without injury, by finally learning to listen to my body and either pausing or changing course when I felt an injury coming on. I added 2 weekly classes of yoga to my routine a few weeks ago, and already feel a good difference in my balance, strength. and flexibility. In general, I am happier and more confident than I have been in a very long time.
I had so much fun along the way with my teammates on Azure and meeting so many other BLCers during our travels and resort weekends. To my non-BLC SparkFriends, I highly recommend checking out the BLC. If you have any questions, please ask. I have so much more to say.