5Things For Which I Am Grateful
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
5 Things I am grateful for:
1. I am thankful for my husband, who is my biggest supporter. He encourages me, accepts me, and loves me through the good times and the bad. We are both astounded how much we think alike on just about everything, and have from the first day we met. We value the same things and have so much fun together.
2. I am thankful for our son, who is so responsible, independent, loving, and fun. He has been a true joy in our lives.
3. I am thankful that we were in a position I could retire early, especially after my doctor told me I needed to get out of my stressful job. I am thankful that we were also in a position to enjoy these years, including extensive travel.
4. After years of fighting diabetes and high blood pressure, I can now say I am thankful for my improved health. I am thankful to have found SparkPeople and the BLC. This website has taught me so much and offered so many tools that I needed. Starting with nutrition tracking, I learned a lot about how to eat and how much sodium I was consuming, even when I thought I was low sodium. I am thankful to the BLC, and especially my team The Azures, for encouraging me to try all kinds of new things - from food, to exercise, to pampering myself, to meeting so many others. My life is so much better for all of this.
5. I am thankful for my friends and family – those who I have known for many years, those I have met since being on SP, and those I am now meeting through my classes at the gym. I feel my life is now the fullest and most fun it has ever been. I look forward to every day now.