We are currently in Week 10 of the BLC. I started off with a bang, hit a rough spot or two, did well last week, and am struggling just a bit this week. I thought if I reviewed my goals and where I am at it might help me focus on the last 2 1/2 weeks. My goals are:
1. Tracking my food daily, with the following guidelines: 1200-1500 calories; 40/30/30 carbs, fats, protein; 1500 mg sodium; 25-40 grams of fiber.
2. Eat mostly lean meats, minimum 5 servings of veggies and 2 fruits a day, essential fats, and avoid sweets except on occasion.
3. Exercise – Build to minimum 500 minutes a week, including walking/hiking, riding stationary bike, water aerobics, fitness videos, and ST.
4. Actively participate in all Azure and BLC-wide challenges.
5. Special goal – identify and complete one project each week that will improve my house and/or well-being.
Where I am today:
1. I allow one free day (Wednesday after WI, but I keep Wednesday close to other days). I'm usually right there on the calories, fiber, and sodium. My ratio has run close, but I'm closer to SP ratios of 50/30/20 and that is fine. When I go off (yesterday
) I tend to go for too many carbs and too much sodium.
3. I have recently added yoga to my mix. I have averaged 520 minutes per week.
I set my goal for a 12 pound loss and at the end of week 9 was down 10 pounds, so I'm on track there. My purpose for this blog was to review how I am doing because I stumbled last night and wanted to get focused again. I can look at this and see that I am pretty well on track, and that helps me move on. So, time to get back to better behavior.