Monday, March 17, 2014
Goals... yup, I have struggled with this for almost a year. What the heck is my problem? Life just keeps kicking me, but I get back up, dust off and take another step. Only problem is, my steps haven't been in the right direction no matter how hard I try. I'm going to keep getting up, no matter how much life gets in the way. Only this time, I'm going to focus on positive forward steps... This is simple really...
1. No excuses to eat my emotions!
2. Water, less sugary drinks. I can't do diet soda, yuck! so water or tea.
3. Positive reinforcements. Retrain my brain for positives vs negatives. Bad habit of only seeing my flaws..again.
4. Snacking..late night.. ugh! My plan of action is to start back w/my cross stitch or sewing so my hands are busy when I sit down for the evening. I'm finding too many nights I sit down to relax, a commercial comes on and boom - I'm in the kitchen for a snack. Gotta stop that NOW!
5. Breakfast. Back to the habit of eating something for breakfast again...
Ok, so most of mine are food related/water for now. But these are doable under any circumstance. Getting to the gym or working out are a bit more challenging for me right now and I want to stick with the stuff i know I can do no matter what happens. too many times, I've turned it into all or nothing so I'm focusing this Spring on the mental side. Then I'll get back to more physical goals.