I need HELP! getting to the New Me.
Saturday, March 08, 2014
UPDATE - MARCH 2014 - NEW YEAR, NEW ME!!
Since my last update I have lost about 15lbs. So I am now down 55lbs in total. This has been a rough year so far when it comes to weight loss. I keep fluctuating and I am working so HARD! Here is what I have been doing:-
1. Walking/Jogging twice a week, 3 to 4 miles minimum each time. I have also added bursts of Sprinting to that because I read that it helps to burn fat. I might add that this includes 2 bridges. I trudge/speed walk over one at the beginning of my workout and the other at the end.
2. Cycling 3 times a week, either 4, 6 or 8 miles at a time.
3. Playing (or should I say fumbling to play) Tennis twice a week (in the middle of two of my cycle days), anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours at a time with my son.
Please note that I rest on Wednesdays and Sundays.
4. On the eating front I have gone from having 3 balanced meals with two healthy snacks a day eating less meat to now a Moderate Protein / Low Carb way of eating with NO Snacks during the week. I might add that when I say Low Carb I mean no Starchy Carbs. No bread, flour, potatoes, rice, pasta. I am still within in my carb range according to my tracker. I get most of my carbs from fruits and nuts. I am still off sugar and desserts. I eat fruits for desserts.
5. I have a fledgling start in strength training and as I write this I realize that this may be my secret to consistent weightloss. I now have 5lb weights and a medium resistance band. I have yet to work those into my schedule on a regular basis.
6. I have as a goal to run as many Fun Runs and Charity Races that come my way this year. I have already done the Susan G. Komen 5K Race For The Cure (which I was training for all last year) and I also did a Fun Run with the Bahamas heart Association (my first time with the runners).
7. I have joined a few Team challenges here on SP and I have even begun to tackle the emotional side of my eating with the book "100 Days To Weightloss" by Linda Spangle and doing a book discussion with my Emotional Eaters Team.
8. I am also about to join a New Year New You Fitness challenge at work next week. It will be for 10 Weeks and it's in conjunction with a local gym. They will work us out so I am looking forward to that. Zumba, Spinning and Class Aerobics!
My Goal this year is to get to Onderland. I. Will. Do. It. Even if I have to scrape my way through and come out the other end with bloody nails. I will do it. I am not giving up because I do not want to lose ground and have to start over.
So someone, please help me. Why is my weightloss not consistent. Why is it fluctuating, why do I get these mini plateaus???