Little steps towards big goals
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
I'm finally seeing little results from things I've been trying to do consistently.
1. My size 8 jeans have remained loose for months now.
2. I am approaching my third 5K in Colorado! (and ever)
3. I can still run for 30 minutes, albeit not very fast...
4. Balances in my various savings accounts keep going up.
5. Student loan balances slooooooooowly keep going down.
6. I keep in touch with family regularly, and lots of exciting things are going on!
7. I have a network of good friends which keeps expanding, and several keep growing stronger.
8. I just moved into a new apartment that's close to work and affordable in a good area with a person I care deeply about. We are building our relationship and life together. =)
9. My cooking blog is slowly gaining more daily/weekly/monthly traffic! I am making progress on formatting a cookbook based on it.
Check it out!! http://collegeapprovedfood.blo
None of these big long term goals (overall health, happiness, debt freedom, wealth, deeply fulfilling personal relationships) is possible to achieve in a day. A month. A year. Decades maybe. But if I keep making positive choices every day, I get one tiny step closer. And that keeps me going.