This week is the beginning of BLC 22. This week our Tight N Tone (aka TNT) challenge is a Fit Test. While I don’t always do the TNT challenges, I felt that this one was a good one.
Here is the challenge:
Do as many of each as you can without a break of more than a few seconds. Record it! If you cannot do something for whatever reason, skip it. If you need to modify it, do so. Just do it! We’ll come back here at the end of the round.
- Push ups
- Plank (count in seconds)
- Wall Sit (count in seconds)
- Exercise of your choice - add any strength exercises that you want to track!
So I choose to do the first 5. I did make a modification to the TNT. I didn’t think that “do as many as you can” was specific enough. So I gave myself a time limit. I did as many as I could (crunches, squats, and push ups) in a 2 minute time period. That way I have a little better stats to compare against at the end. Here are my results:
- Crunches – 69 in 2 minutes
- Squats – 48 in 2 minutes
- Push ups – 36 in 2 minutes on my knees
- Plank – 45 seconds on my hands and toes
- Wall Sit – 2 minutes 1 sec
Then our head captain threw out an additional challenge on top of this one.
ALSO complete the following:
- Walkers - complete and time a 1 mile walk at your fastest pace
- Runners - Complete and time a 1.5 mile run at your fastest pace
- Flexibility - sitting on the floor with legs straight out in front of you, reach for your toes and have someone take a picture of you showing your current flexibility
- Post ALL your results, including your flexibility picture in a SP Blog.
My results for the run was 22 minutes. I held consistent for a 15 minute run/walk. In my book, not a great time (I’ve done better) but not terrible considering I haven’t really run/walked much this spring.
Here is my picture (taken by my husband) of my terrible flexibility. I have never been real flexible, but I would like to improve on that.
My daughter saw the picture being taken and she wanted to join in. So we took her picture as well
Since I had the camera out I went ahead and took some full body shots (even though I took some a week ago). Since January, I am down 61.2 pounds and down 40 ¼ inches!